People often seem to overlook some critical aspects when trying to run their businesses. Nowadays, it is a common practice to try and cut costs at every possible corner if there is an opportunity to do. If there is any one area that should not apply this to, then that must be secretarial service in your company. Even if you may not have noticed it, a secretary will perform a lot of essential administration tasks, including but not limited to the ones mentioned below:
• Maintenance of statutory books – Statutory books are something that should not be overlooked even though maintaining them correctly can be a tedious task in itself. These registers hold important information like the register of the members of a company. One of the secretary’s main jobs is ensuring the completeness of these records, which avoids any unnecessary conflicts arising in future due improperly maintained records. There are instances where this has led to confusion regarding the ownership of some companies, often with disastrous consequences amidst all the mess.
• Securing Important Documents – A lot of important documents pertaining to a company, including essential legal documents such as the certificate of incorporation, share certificates, articles of association and company seals, fall under the supervision of the company secretary, who will be responsible for keeping them safe and secured.
• Administration and Signing of Legal Documents – A secretary will have to do a lot of work which involves legal documents, bank documents and cheques. While larger companies may not add more tasks to this, a secretary can also take on more administrative tasks such as dealing with external entities like lawyers and insurance firms or deal with hong kong business registration fees for value added taxes (VATs).
• Arrange Meetings – Another key aspect of being a secretary is the responsibility of arranging all kinds of business meetings between both shareholders and company directors. This includes arranging the minutes of the meeting, making a relevant agenda and circulating notices and memos to inform people of the meeting. In a way, we can say that a secretary will have a lot to do with providing a smooth communication between key personnel in a company. Visit http://acshk.com/offshore-tax-exemption/
• Acting as an Advisor – Since the secretary is required to have a vast amount of knowledge regarding the company law and legal requirements in general, he or she can easily act as an advisor to the board of directors when making important decisions. Ensuring that directors do not break the law by the way of illegal actions is yet another important function that needs to be carried out by the secretary.